This version of a microcement deck coat is made from our exclusive cement binder blended with <0.1mm glass and quartz particles for a smooth, creamy mixture that hardens rapidly.
Having in-built synthetic resins to give additional flexibility and also as an adhesion promoter, DeckCoat offers superior slip resistance to many other beton cire coating systems on the market that are for use on interior floors.
Like all of our other microcement products, MicroFloor DeckCoat has our advanced hydraulic cement binder that is like no other on the market. Not only is our cement non-shrink, it actively reduces any free lime normally found in other products to negligible levels. This improves strength and hardness and reduces porosity.
Benefits Of Using CARRcrete Products
- Designed by industry professionals
- Easy to mix, colour and apply
- Premium ingredients and latest tech formulas
- Much tougher products than the competition
- No calcium carbonate or marble
- Simply mix with water; liquid polymers are so yesterday
- Superior compressive strength
- Polymer modified for added flexibility
- Rapid hardening, standard set
- Enhanced abrasion resistance
- Lower porosity and hydrophobic
- Off white colour until coloured with our colour packs
- Easy to apply for professionals
- Crack free and shrinkage free
- Colour: Off white
- Can be coloured: Yes
- Maximum liquid pigment: 10 g per 1 Kg of Powder
- Size of grains: < 0.1mm
- Pot Life: <60 minutes
- Recoat time: 4 Hours+
- Sand After: 12+ Hours
- Water required: < 300 ml per Kg
- Compressive Strength: C35+ @ 28 days
- Coverage (approximate): 1.3m2 per Kg (29m2 per bucket)
- Package size: 22.5 Kg plastic buckets
How To Prepare Substrate
- Over BaseCoat Layer: No need to use a primer, unless you prefer to. Ensure previous layer is dust and debris free before applying DeckCoat.
General Site Precautions
- Site should be weather tight and with minimum temperature of 10’C
- Through drafts may cause uneven drying to occur
- Mask up any items that need protection; doors, windows, skirting, furniture etc
- Work from the farthest corner back to a doorway
- Large areas are better controlled by using multiple applicators
How To Mix
This product should only be mixed with cool clean water; warm water will reduce the set time of cement to an uncontrollable rate. If colouring the product, always use CARRcrete colour packs to ensure compatibility.
- Always agitate the product in its bucket before mixing
- Only mix what you can apply within 60 minutes
- Use less than 300 grams of water for each 1 Kg of product required
- Add required CARRcrete colour to water, rinse out container into mixing water
- Mix at slow speed with electric paddle mixer
- Gradually add the DeckCoat powder to the bucket whilst mixing
- After 1-2 minutes, product should be lump free
- Scrape down sides into the mix
- Allow mixed product to slacken off for 1-2 minutes
- Re-mix for 1 minute to ensure all is fully combined
How To Apply
- Use a plasterers bucket scoop to place the mixed product on the surface.
- Prevent drops of product from setting on substrate to prevent shadow spots
- Spread the DeckCoat out with a semi-flexible stainless steel trowel, applying pressure to the surface to push the coat into the base layer beneath
- You should feel the trowel pass over the grains of glass and quartz, this action determines the thickness of the layer
- Apply 1-2 coats as required to create the look specified
- You can apply subsequent coats as soon as the application can take your weight without causing damage. Alternatively allow to dry
- Allow to dry overnight and sand final layer before applying our FinishCoat
MicroFloor DeckCoat microcement is a highly versatile product, tough enough to be used as a top coat where there is a great amount of traffic and where abrasion resistance and toughness are important considerations.
DeckCoat is also a very popular product with decorative concrete contractors who like to apply a medium thickness coat over the initial base layers. As this formulation contains <0.1mm grains for glass and quartz, it fills the inherent interstices left behind by the BaseCoat application.
The use of graded quartz and glass particles make for a very tight mix once set. It is this that helps achieve such impressive strength of a product so thinly applied.
Naturally as you would come to expect from CARRcrete, we only use the finest quality ingredients such as rheology agents, plasticisers, and powdered polymers.
This product has a good level of flow for easier application; not as fluid as a self-levelling compound but less stodgy than a normal beton cire type coating.
Whilst DeckCoat will not be as smooth as a FinishCoat layer due to inclusion of the quartz grains, it is still smooth enough for many bespoke finishes and commercial environments where the use of a finish would be impractical.
If used as a decorative finish coat please ensure that a suitable protective layer of sealer is applied.
Colouring is easy as all you need to do is pour in one of our colour packs into the mixing water and agitate for a few seconds to disperse the liquid pigment. Then gradually add in the powder mix, colouring is quick and thorough with our advanced range on nano particles pigments, our colours are a lot more reactive than regular mineral pigments.
MicroFloor DeckCoat is also suitable for a textured high strength non-slip finish when correctly abraded.
Ideal for flooring solutions that see high footfall.
MicroFloor DeckCoat is supplied in 15 Kg recycle-able plastic buckets.