If you are looking to create those smooth cloudy flooring textures associated with Marmarino, Tadelakt and Venetian plaster finishes, then look no further as our MicroFloor FinishCoat is designed to produce these aesthetic effects.
As this microcement finish coat is applied very tightly to the surface, it is possible to shadow through the layer beneath to create unique and stylish decorative coating.
By using ultra fine 0.02mm grains of quartz and glass we are able to produce a beautifully smooth and creamy microcement product that flows nicely and boasts superb rheology and workability.
I know what you are thinking, such a fine finish layer must be very delicate? Well, whilst this product is not as robust as the deck coat microcement floor covering or indeed the base layer, it is certainly more durable than the beton cire competition when applied to suitable layers of base coat and/or medium coats.
The reason for our products inherent toughness? It is simply that we don’t include any cheap, soft ingredients such as chalk (calcium carbonate) or marble flours.
Plus we have our own unique cement binder that hardens at a very rapid rate and is shrinkage and crack free. There’s never an issue with dust from our micro concrete products as they all mitigate the production of free lime (calcium hydroxide).
Benefits Of Using CARRcrete Products
- Designed by industry professionals
- Easy to mix, colour and apply
- Premium ingredients and latest tech formulas
- Much tougher products than the competition
- No calcium carbonate or marble
- Simply mix with water
- High compressive strength
- Polymer modified for added toughness
- Rapid hardening, standard set
- Enhanced abrasion resistance
- Lower porosity and hydrophobic
- Off white colour until coloured with our colour packs
- Easy to apply for professionals
- Crack free and shrinkage free
- Usage: Interior, kitchens bathrooms
- Colour: Off white
- Can be coloured: Yes
- Maximum liquid pigment: 10 g per 1 Kg of powder.
- Size of grains: < 0.02mm
- Pot Life: <60 minutes
- Recoat time: 4 Hours+
- Sand After: 12+ Hours
- Water required: < 350 gram per Kg
- Compressive Strength: C35+ @ 28 days
- Coverage (approximate): 2.5m2 per Kg (50m2 per bucket)
- Package size: 20 Kg plastic buckets
How To Prepare Substrate
Over BaseCoat or DeckCoat Layer: No need to use a primer, unless you prefer to. Ensure previous layer is dust and debris free before applying FinishCoat. For best results the base should be sanded smooth unless your design requires a rougher texture.
General Site Precautions
- Site should be weather tight and with minimum temperature of 10’C
- Through drafts may cause uneven drying to occur
- Mask up any items that need protection; doors, windows, skirting, furniture etc
- Work from the farthest corner back to a doorway
- Large areas are better controlled by using multiple applicators
How To Mix
This cement coating product should only be mixed with cool clean water; warm water will reduce the set time of cement to an uncontrollable rate. If colouring the product, always use CARRcrete colour packs to ensure compatibility.
- Always agitate the product in its bucket before mixing
- Only mix what you can apply within 30 minutes
- Use less than 350 grams of water for each 1 Kg of product required
- Add required CARRcrete colour to water, rinse out container into mixing water
- Mix at slow speed with electric paddle mixer
- Gradually add the FinishCoat powder to the bucket whilst mixing
- After 1-2 minutes, product should be lump free
- Scrape down sides into the mix
- Allow mixed product to slacken off for 1-2 minutes
- Re-mix for 1 minute to ensure all is fully combined
How To Apply
- Use a plasterers bucket scoop to place the mixed product on the surface.
- Prevent drops of product from setting on substrate to prevent shadow spots
- Spread the FinishCoat out with a flexible stainless steel trowel, applying pressure to the surface to push the coat into the base layer beneath
- Use pressure and trowel movement to create individual styles of application
- Apply as 1-2 coats as required to create the look specified
- You can apply subsequent coats as soon as the application can take your weight without causing damage. Alternatively allow to dry
- Allow to dry overnight and sand final layer before applying MicroSeal products to offer full protection.
How To Seal
- Sand the final finish coat of microcement to your required level of smoothness.
- Clean thoroughly with a vacuum and a microfibre mop
- Apply 1-2 coats of MicroSeal Primer
- Allow to dry between coats
- Apply 2-3 coats of MicroGuard ceramic polyurethane water-based varnish
- Allow to dry between coats
CARRcrete MicroFloor FinishCoat is a decorative overlay finish for applying over either base or deck coats of microcement in order to produce a smooth finish.
The product has been specifically designed to allow a degree of shadowing through of the previous microcement layer and generate a more polished look similar to polished plaster. This allows the applicator to create some thoroughly stunning works that are unique to the project and the hands that applied it.
Our microcement finish coat is tough by microcement standards as it uses only tough quartz and glass particles opposed to calcium carbonates. We also use a powdered synthetic resin that adds significant amounts of abrasion resistance and is an excellent adhesion promoter.
It should be noted that we do not recommend FinishCoat is left unprotected as it will be more easily damaged than our base or deck products.
It is recommended that any finish coat of microcement is protected with a full application of MicroSeal Primer and MicroGuard water-based varnish. These two products will significantly improve abrasion and water resistance to such a fine coat of product. In areas that may get wet or wet rooms pleasure ensure a protective layer of sealer is correctly applied to your smooth surfaces.
FinishCoat can be coloured really easily with the inclusion of our colour packs which are comprised of suspended nano pigment particles which offer much greater depth and easier mixing that powdered mineral pigments.
MicroFloor FinishCoat is supplied in 15 Kg recycle-able plastic buckets.