MicroGuard is a two-part water based polyurethane resin sealer that provides much needed stain and abrasion resistance to micro concrete and microcement overlays. MicroGuard is low odour and easy to apply with a microfibre roller, highly suitable for both large and small installations.
MicroGuard should be applied over at least two coats of our MicroSeal product to ensure the polyurethane solvents do not affect the polymers used in your micro cement overlay.
MicroGuard coats the pores and fine particles to further enhance the surface sealing over that provided by MicroSeal. Subsequent coats enhance the levels of protection, colours are only subtly enhanced so there is not a excessive change in the overlays colours.
MicroGuard is suitable for all levels of traffic and for most applications (not for areas to be immersed in water) where a stain resistant thin coating is required to protect the micro concrete or micro cement installation from water and oil based staining. Our sealer also allows for moisture vapour transmission through the overlay which helps prevent problems with delamination.
- Two part, water based solvent, low odour formula
- Low sheen or gloss finishes available
- Stain and abrasion resistance
- Easy to apply with a microfibre roller
- Gently enhances colour
- Seals from inside out
- Ensure the overlay is clean and dry before application
- MicroSeal must be applied first
- Apply a thin coat of MicroGuard with a microfibre roller
- Allow to dry fully before re-coating
- Apply 2-3 coats to add protection
- Apply liberal generous coats
- Allow at least 24 hours before general foot traffic
- Allow at least 60 hours before getting wet/cleaning
- 5 Litre container
- Coverage upto 60m2 per coat**
- Drying time: 1-2 hours approx*
- Re-coat time: 1-2 hours approx*
- Full cure time: 24 hours*
- General foot traffic: 24 hours*
* Dependant on ambient temperature, air flow and moisture levels
** Dependant on film thickness applied and porosity of the overlay